Highlights of Triangle NC Real Estate Market in 2012
In a recent post we discussed how the number of home sales in the Triangle in 2012 was at the highest levels since 2008. We also posted a Triangle real estate market update video covering various local statistics and trends. In this post we'd like to illustrate more highlights from the 2012 greater Raleigh real estate market.
Hottest Triangle NC Price Ranges
- Homes under $100,000 and below sold this quickest in 2012 with an average 107 days on market
- Homes between $101,000 and $150,000 came in second palce with an average of 127 days on market
- Homes between $201,000 and $300,000 came tied for second with an average of 127 days on market
- Homes between $301,000 and $500,000 had the strongest one-year change in sales at 24.3% increase
Months Supply of Inventory in the Triangle
- 4.6 months supply of new construction in the Triangle
- 6.2 months supply of existings homes in the Triangle
- 6 months supply of homes equals a balanced market
- Less than 6 months supply of homes results in a sellers' market
- More than a 6 monhs supply of homes results in a buyers' market
Percent of Original List Price Received
The following numbers indicate how close sellers came to receiving their original asking price for their homes.
- For new construction, sellers received on average, 97.7% of the original asking or list price.
- For existing homes, sellers received on average, 92.4% of their original asking price.
To read the full year end report published by the Triangle MLS Click Here. All information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All of the information about was pulled directly from the Triangle MLS.
Raleigh Real Estate